All work is copyrighted by the author and the artist

This work is copyrighted. Please ask for permission before copying or using. If you like what you see, and would like to be informed when new work appears, please register by email at the top, or the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Receding Water


Water is the driving force of all nature.
-Leonardo da Vinci

The water is receding. There are places Chalupa and I can walk that do not have water on them, only in them. Sounds simple, however I would rather hear the ground squish under my feet than the sound of sloshing water as I move carefully through it. The birds are signing with joy, scared a couple of ducks this morning, and the air smells divine. I should have a bumper crop of Black Berries. I am glad I took pictures yesterday, the photo op's are gone today. 

My Landlady, Clara was out taking a few pictures of her own this morning and we chatted for a while.  One of the conversations was prompted by my saying, in my ignorance: 
"It only floods once a year, has it ever flooded twice?"
"Oh, yeah, it usually floods in April, and yes, it probably will come in again"
Kinda dashed my positive outlook, lol. Because we will be having 70 degree weather this weekend into next week it is likely we will have a quick snow melt and the reservoirs will fill, and they will have  to start releasing water.  

The big logs strewn about the yard are soaked and impossible for me to even move. The water in the back is still deep enough to be a caution. However the majority of this influx should out by Friday and we can start cleaning up. 

I have a about an inch in the upper garage areas, which will be gone by tonite. The foundation is still bubbling, but not sounding like a water fall draining into an underground cistern. Might be hosing that out tonight when I get home from work.

I should be hosing out the main garage tomorrow. Bummer it may happen again, huh?

And that's the soggy news for now. More tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment