All work is copyrighted by the author and the artist

This work is copyrighted. Please ask for permission before copying or using. If you like what you see, and would like to be informed when new work appears, please register by email at the top, or the bottom of the blog.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Learning to wait

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. 

-- Buddha

Sometimes it is the spirit of the moment that causes me to chose a quote, and then I write to justify what I have chosen. The flood, such that it is will likely go on for about a week. I groaned. Not because of the water. I groaned because I live in an old poorly insulated house over a garage that floods. Make no mistake, I love it here, I have no intention of moving at this time. But my joints and old bones hate cold moist air. Electric heaters are a God send but they are expensive, so I am judicious.  

The flood only reminds me to be flexible and grateful. This is my life and path, and one that I have chosen. It doesn't matter at all what has or will happen to me as long as I remain gracious and aware of my reaction. 
So here are todays images. The cold creates a stillness that is wonderful. Nice for photos. Hugs to all. 

Looking West

Front of the house

Just a poto




No comments:

Post a Comment